Thursday, July 1, 2010

Davidson

I zoomed through Davidson, NC today, a pleasant little college town next to Cornelius and Lake Norman, 20 or so miles north of Charlotte. Another one-stoplight town off I-77. I had a late lunch at "Toast" and popped into the shops.

This little strip of Main St. overflows on weekends and during the school year with Davidson college kids and families walking, talking, ice cream cones dripping. The shops have cafe tables or rocking chairs out front, checkers and newpapers. There aren't many shops, but they're inviting.

One shop was shuttered, but the window display is still there. I'm not really surprised it's closed for business. Someone must have cut class the day they lectured on "supply and demand."




I guess there's gnot a big gneed for gnomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment