Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Calendar vs. Thermometer

Tomorrow is September 22, the first day of Fall! New York friends are letting me know they're stoking the first fires of the season, and that the air is crisp. In Charlotte, North Carolina the temps are hovering at and above 90. It figures. I move here and there have been nearly 80 days over 90 degrees...double the usual # for any summer in recent memory. At least the humidity has diminished. I will get my reward, soon enough! Temps will drop after next week, and I'm in for a long autumn, a mild winter, and an early Spring. The golf clubs will stay within reach.

My internal culinary equinox shifted to Autumn tonight. I baked Pumpkin bread in my gleaming new oven.

I have some nice people I'd like to thank for their kindness to me, in welcoming me to the neighborhood. I was invited by a neighbor to The Levine Museum of the New South. There's a lecture tomorrow night for 'New Southerners' and we'll be given a copy of  "Living Here" the annual magazine published for newcomers. After the program, there's a wine and Southern fried chicken dinner. I'm really looking forward to this event!

I'll say thank you with Pumpkin bread on the first day of Fall.

It's too soon for pumpkins at farmstands, so I used a can of organic pumpkin puree.















Ready for wrapping and some ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment