Monday, January 9, 2012

January, 2012

2011 was a really good year for me. I'm 99 44/100ths settled in to my new life in North Carolina. The piece that remains is to land a job that's the right fit for my passions and skills. I acknowledged bad fits, faced them and moved on. I'm clear headed and fully focused.

I'm not looking at January 2012 as the ubiquitous blank slate; the clean sheet of paper with a list of re-tread resolutions. There will be no sweeping pronouncements. Instead, mid-March will mark the anniversary of Me-hab...my self titled Mehabilitation. I'm winning the "losing battle" and I'm down 45 lbs. For me, willpower is not an issue because I've adopted changes that have reshaped my thinking and that have become my lifestyle.



The Foodsaver is a lifesaver, for portion control!

Sure, I did my usual baking had a few bites of "so good it's a crime that it's bad" desserts during the holidays...


...but I fully enjoyed ONE guilt-free serving of my Dad and Dianne's super dee-lish lobster sliders and potato salad. Carbs were everywhere...the holidays are a minefield, but I managed.

I've continued to walk 1+ hours every day or so since last March. I was very pleased that I was in lock step with my gazelle-like sister during my NY visit...where last year I was huffing and puffing to keep up on the hills. I've lost the equivalent of nine 5lb bags of sugar.



In 2012 I will continue Mehabilitation. I will stay focused. I'll continue to be helpful and I'll get better at asking for help.

Nurture my relationships. Keep laughing--out LOUD. Stay in touch. Stay true to myself. Stay on track. Continue to de-clutter. Make extra sets of keys. Be thankful for my health and that my family is OK.


I think my bro's enjoyed the model planes more than my nephews did...


My sister; my mirror and sounding board.

Peace to you in 2012.

Life IS good. Level & Plumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment