Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Permission Granted

View 5x7front_...jpg in slide show

I got an e-mail the other day from someone who'd found a photo via Google Image Search from one of my blog postings.

Stephanie Jackson of GoDesignInc was asking if she could use my photo of Savannah Harbor Golf Club for an event flyer.





I played the course last September, and I blogged about photos I took there, twice since.
The sky was so painterly that it was distracting.






It's flattering that someone else found my photo attractive.

After looking into GoDesignInc.org, I granted permission for the photo to be used. This non-profit, based in Savannah, was given 501c3 status in June 2011. They partner with international and national groups in need of buildings, for shelter and schools.

The September 18, 2011 event is a golf tournament being held at Savannah Harbor Golf Club, to raise funds for a school building. Stephanie's husband Scott is an architect who graduated from SCAD...Savannah School of Art & Design, and he's designing the school, to be built in Kofele, Ethiopia this Fall. If I didn't have out of town guests coming that weekend, I'd sign up to play in the tournament!


Check out the link, to see the work that Stephanie and Scott Jackson are doing.
Life is good. Level and Plumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment